Can you guess what it is yet?

In which we make something

Hard at work lately on my mysterious Secret DIY Project. I’m not telling you what it is, but I will show you what I’ve managed to build so far.

Two Thingys A Whatsit

Feel free to try and guess what I’m making.* A few hints: the shortest one is 1ft 11 1/2in long; there’s a third, too big to go in the photo; and they will have more of those rings on them when they’re finished.

* Unless you already know, in which case it would be cheating. Because you already know the answer. Feel free to post plausible-but-wrong answers in that case, instead.

Keyword noise: , , ,

11 comments on “Can you guess what it is yet?”

1. Miranda says:

I know! They’re a new initiative from Merseyside police.

After having recent troubles with intoxicated wildlife, these new bars are designed to test how drunk a squirell is.

Each hook will hold a nut, and if Squirrell nutkin manages to get each nut AND get to the other side of the bar without falling off, then they are allowed to scurry home to turn of the gas.

It’s a good answer, but it’s not right!

3. Miranda says:

Is it a new kind of ariel you can hang onto your telly so that you can only pick up Ealing comedies?

It might be able to do that, but I haven’t tried. Yet.

5. Jaq says:

Hmmm. Clothes dryer? Wooden wind chime? Low-impact rake? Percussive maintenance device for recalcitrant PCs? Asymmetrical num-chucks?

I give up :)

6. Pam says:

Is it some kind of equipment for your dungeon ?!

One of the above 6 suggestions (from Jaq and Pam) is getting a bit warmer. Althought I still like “Squirrel drunkenness tester” myself. I might have to try out the “Ealing comedy telly ariel” idea too.

(“What’s up with the telly? There’s nothing on apart from The Ladykillers, The Titfield Thunderbolt and The Man In The White Suit!”)

I’ve been getting on with painting them – there might be more photos at the weekend, depending how it goes, or they might have to wait until after my upcoming holiday.

8. You’ve invited that nice Mr Prescott around, and are hastily constructing a croquet set?

9. Miranda says:

Is it an *actual* ugly stick?? Have you become some kind of caped crusader who batters villains and evil-dooers with various ugly sticks, depending on their crime?

10. The Goon says:

The first part of a Martial Arts device, the one where you have bits of wood swinging from each other at the ends and you whirl it round your head before bring it down sharply upon the head of the miscreant squirrel.

11. Badlyguided says:

Hey you, Just reading random blogs you have done, this one interests me…

why do I think they are spreader bars?

Or am I just that sick?